The Irish government have been in power for a few years now, having taken over at the beginning of the collapse of the Irish economy. What would you expect them to have done as their first concern to ensure that the citizens of the country would not suffer in this way again? Lets try, legally protect the people from the failure of banks. And, ensure that the government can not borrow money without strict debt control. These would be two obvious and paramount issues to be tackled. Now, what have they done? Literally nothing. Banks still operate as they please and I have not seen or heard of one law to ensure banks cannot sink the country due to greed. What controls have they put on themselves? Nothing. Governments are surely proving to be the biggest waste of human endeavour. I believe there actually has to be a whole new way government to maximize the use and management of public money and law.
PS: The Health department just threw away 26 million Euros on who knows what on the placement of the new children's Hospital. The planned site was rejected, but somehow they had already spent Euro 26m. If I was working in the private sector, I would surely have been fired for this massive error. But, the government just write it off an carries on. This is totally incompetent and seriously wrong. Reilly you must go for your incompetence. You have surpassed your Peter Principle.
No comments:
Post a Comment