Thursday, 22 March 2012

Investing in Green - Bio fuel

I invested last year in a company called Carbon Credit Farming PLC, purchasing the rights to 2 hectares of land in Cambodia, where Jatropha plants would be grown. Much the same as Palm oil is. The company changed its name to Sustainable Agroenergy PLC. The selling agent was a man called Tom Elliot. I discovered last week that this company had been put under administration by the UK's Serious Fraud Office (SFO) and is under investigation. We may get back some of the money. Not much I would guess.

Coincidentaly I received an email from Insight Group PLC today, who I was in contact with a year ago. The brunt of this email, was that they have failed in their operations in Mozambique to grow the Moringa Oleifera plantations and want all their investors to move their rights to Gambia and start again. I had little faith that Mozambique was a good country to do business with at the time, which is why I picked Cambodia.


Green investments obviously come with a bunch of green investment companies and green management, who don't know what they are doing. Be careful out there!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment